Meet consumer demand for trending ethnic flavors with tender, juicy Sysco Classic Chicken Katsu. These crispy, panko-crusted boneless, skinless chicken thigh meat cutlets have a natural shape and homemade appearance and come ready-to-prepare, saving time and labor costs. While “katsu” means “cutlet” in Japanese, this deliciously crunchy chicken is versatile across many types of worldly cuisine including Asian, Latin American, Italian, German and American dishes.
Features & Benefits
- Saves time in the kitchen; comes pre-breaded and cooks quickly from frozen state
- Versatile item that can be used across the menu in multiple types of cuisine and applications
- Consistent size, thickness and quality in every piece decreases waste
- Serve in a bowl, on a sandwich or in a salad
- Thigh meat has a better hold time than breast meat and resists drying
Get inspired and start incorporating Sysco Classic Chicken Katsu into your menu today:
- Argentinean Milanesa Napolitana: Chicken katsu served with roasted heirloom cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil chiffonade, red pepper flakes and sea salt
- Tonkatsu-Style Chicken Katsu: Thin, breaded fried chicken cutlet served over daikon, carrot and red cabbage slaw drizzled with Tonkatsu sauce and garnished with green onions and sesame seeds
- Torta de Milanesa (Katsu Chicken Sandwich): Fried chicken katsu, black bean spread, pico de gallo, avocado, Monterey Jack cheese and habanero mayo grilled in a telera bun
- Chicken Katsu Curry Sandwich: Fried chicken katsu, sliced radishes and butter lettuce and quick-pickled mini cucumbers and red onions served on a brioche bun with curry mayo
Visit SuppliesOnTheFly.com and search “Cutting Edge Solutions” for more information on featured servingware.
Sysco’s Cutting Edge Solutions provide new and innovative products to help you refresh your menu, drive repeat business and streamline back-of-house operations. Contact your local Sysco Marketing Associate today for more details.