- Preheat fryer to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix together. Add the beer and whisk to form batter.
- Dry cod loins well and dip into batter to coat fish well.
- Fry fish in hot oil for 8 minutes or until batter turns golden brown.
- Remove fish from oil, dry excess oil off on paper towel and season with salt immediately. Serve with fries and tartar sauce on the side. Squeeze lemon on fish as well.
- Preheat fryer to 300°F. Soak cut fries in a bowl full of water 20 minutes at least. Remove potatoes from water and dry thoroughly.
- Fry potatoes for 3 minutes at 300°F. Remove potatoes from fryer and let dry on paper towels.
- Increase temperature of fryer to 375°F. Once fries are cool, put them back in 375°F fryer and fry a second time for 3 minutes. Remove fries from fryer and season with salt.
Ingredient availability varies by location*
Make it your own by using different types of beer to get the perfect beer battered fish as well as seasoning the fries or up selling by offering sweet potato fries. Tartar sauce and malt vinegar is a must for pairing.