Diners are trying to add more vegetables into their diets—even during the holidays. Adding cauliflower to a traditional mashed potato dish is one easy and delicious way to do that. Try adding parsnips or celeriac, as well—you can charge a little extra for the innovation.
- Bring cauliflower, potatoes, garlic and milk to a boil in a lidded saucepan.
- Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until vegetables are fork-tender.
- Drain, reserving the milk. Return the vegetables to the pot.
- Stir in the butter and half the milk, and mash until smooth. (If too thick, add more milk.)
- Stir in salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Ingredient availability varies by location*