Operators are finding creative ways to upsell the humble french fry. One way to distinguish a dish is to add global flavors such as the wasabi fumi furikake seasoning used in this preparation. Adding a custom aioli or dipping sauce further entices diners to order that extra bar snack, app or side dish.
FOR THE GINGER DIPPING SAUCE
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed for about 30 seconds until the ginger is well-processed and all the ingredients are combined.
- Chill and serve cold.
FOR THE FURI FURI FRIES
- Fry the french fries according to package directions and drain.
- Mix together the honey and fish sauce.
- Toss the hot fries in the honey mixture and add the furikake seasoning.
- Serve warm with the ginger dipping sauce.