Sysco Simply Plant Based Tofu is the perfect canvas on which to design dishes with your own signature flavor profile, such as this application that uses Chinese ingredients in a colorful stir-fry.
For the Tofu
- In a large zip-top bag, combine the tofu, tamari and cornstarch. Toss to coat. The cornstarch will become pasty.
For the Stir-Fry
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, tamari, sriracha, orange juice and cornstarch until the cornstarch has dissolved.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high. When it shimmers, add the tofu, working in batches as needed, and sear for about 3 minutes on each side until crispy all over. Add more oil between batches as needed.
- Return all the tofu to the skillet and add the scallions, orange zest, garlic, and ginger. Cook for about 3 minutes, until the scallions begin to break down. Add the sauce and reduce the heat to low. Cook for about 5 minutes more, until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice or broccoli, garnished with sesame seeds.
- For crispy tofu: The key is to not flip the cubes over too soon. Let each piece get nicely browned before flipping it to the other side.