Need more plant based options on your menu? This meatball dish tastes great and requires very little labor. Combining alternative “meat” balls with a zesty apple-fennel slaw, it appeals to vegetarians or any diner who is passionate about wellness and nutrition.
Korean BBQ sauce
Apple Fennel Slaw
- Place first 9 ingredients in blender along with ¾ cup water.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place sauce in pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer sauce 4-5 until beginning to thicken.
- Add meatballs and simmer 10-15 minutes until meatballs are glazed and desired sauce consistency is reached.
- Reserve in a warm spot.
- Meanwhile, place slaw, shaved fennel, and apple in a mixing bowl
- In another bowl combine mayonnaise, honey, and ghost chili sauce; Mix well.
- Gently fold in mayonnaise mixture into slaw mix.
- Chill until ready to plate.
- Spoon slaw onto 8 plates; top with 3 meatballs per plate.
Ingredient availability varies by location*