Lemon Cumin Yogurt Sauce:
For the lentils:
- Cook the lentils in boiling water for approximately 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Set aside.
- Sauté diced onions, garlic, and mushrooms in olive oil for approximately 5 minutes or until mixture is cooked through. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blend the oats into a coarse flour. Add half of the lentils, half of the onion mushroom mix, salt, spices, flax, water, and pulse until it’s well combined. Combine with the remaining lentils, onion mushroom mix, and minced cilantro.
- Using a #12 scoop, scoop portions onto a sprayed parchment lined sheet pan and flatten into patties. Freeze until firm.
- Sauté in a pan with olive oil on both sides until golden brown.
- Finish in the oven at 350°F for 5 minutes on high fan.
For the plant-based yogurt:
- In a blender, add the tofu, lemon juice, and powdered sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Add the cumin, lemon zest, half of the fresh dill, and season with salt and pepper. Blend well.
For the fennel:
- Cut off the stalks and slice the fennel into 1/4 inch slices.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for approximately 3 minutes on both sides.
For the carrots:
- Slice the carrots lengthwise and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast in a 350°F oven for approximately 25 to 35 minutes or until tender and golden.
Ingredient availability varies by location*