The hot dog gets an update in multiple ways in this recipe. Instead of pork or beef, we’ve used the innovative new Beyond Sausage, which tastes so good you won’t miss the meat.
- In large sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat; add celery and onion.
- Cook 7 minutes or until vegetables are soft; transfer to large bowl.
- In same sauté pan, add eggplant; cook 5 minutes undisturbed.
- Stir eggplant; cook 2 minutes or until soft.
- Transfer eggplant to bowl with celery and onion.
- In same sauté pan, cook olives, pine nuts, capers, tomato paste and red pepper flakes 3 minutes or until nuts are golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, vinegar and sugar; heat to a simmer.
- Cook 5 minutes, breaking up tomatoes with the back of a wooden spoon; stir into eggplant mixture.
- Cool; cover and refrigerate up to 5 days.
- In nonstick sauté pan, cook 1 link over medium-high heat 6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F, turning frequently.
- Serve link in bun topped with Sweet Caponata.