Classic Latin flavors of avocado, corn and smoky salsa come together in this irresistible platter, which makes a fantastic shareable snack or app. You can bread and deep-fry your own avocados, or buy prebreaded Sysco avocado wedges to save time in the kitchen.
- Carefully scoop avocado meat as a whole from the skin and rinse briefly under running water.
- Cut into wedges and dredge in flour. Then dip in egg wash and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Arrange on a sheet pan and chill for 20 minutes to set. Deep-fry the avocado wedges until golden brown, around 90 seconds.
- Set aside. Spread the salsa on a plate and arrange wedges on top. Top with roasted corn mixture, drizzle with crema and chopped cilantro.
- (To save time and labor, instead of breading and frying avocado wedges from scratch, try using Sysco Imperial Breaded Avocado Slices; then add corn and salsa.)
Ingredient availability varies by location*