These modern waffles made with corn muffin mix incorporate on-trend ingredients that cover the current fascination with healthy fats: almond butter and Greek yogurt. The addition of sweet fresh strawberries brings both color and seasonality.
- Follow the directions to prepare the corn muffin mix.
- Prepare the waffle iron and coat it with canola oil spray.
- Spoon about 2 ounces of the corn muffin mix onto the hot waffle iron and bake until golden-brown.
- Once you have prepared 8 waffles, spread almond butter on half of them. Then place a few strawberry slices on the almond butter and sandwich with another waffle.
- Top with the yogurt, the strawberry filling and the sliced almonds. Garnish with remaining sliced strawberries.
Ingredient availability varies by location*