Pair this grilled pimento and cheese sandwich with tasso ham with a gumbo-style chicken and vegetable soup for the ultimate comfort combo.
- In a mixing bowl, fold together pimento cheese and tasso ham.
- Divide the mixture among 4 slices of bread.
- Lay one slice of fontina on each sandwich. Lay the remaining bread on top.
- Heat the clarified butter on a griddle or pan over medium heat.
- Toast the sandwiches on both sides until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melty. Alternatively, brush a bit of butter on the top and bottom of each sandwich and toast in an oven at 400F degrees for 6 to 8 minutes.
Ingredient availability varies by location*