This innovative dish uses Simplot Junior Cut SIDEWINDERS™ Fries, bite-size fries cut in a fun S-curve shape, as the foundation for a rich poutine. These fries have a fast cook time and a superior hold time, making them an excellent choice for a variety of applications.
For the Beef Gravy
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat; add beef and cook until browned on all sides, about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion, butter, seasoning, salt, and pepper; cook until onion is starting to brown, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add ﬂour; cook until thick and fragrant, about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add broth; reduce heat to low and cook until thickened, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Hold warm in a steam table for service. Makes about 3 cups.
- Deep-fry a portion of fries in vegetable oil at 345°F until golden brown, about 2½ minutes. Serve fries topped with cheese curds and a portion of Beef Gravy; sprinkle with salt and pepper, and garnish with chives.
Ingredient availability varies by location*