A take on traditional Japanese fried chicken, Sysco Classic Asian-Style Chicken Bites are made from tender, juicy, No Antibiotics Ever chicken marinated in a savory soy-ginger brine with a delightful golden crispy coating.
- Cook 1 cup water, soy sauce, sugar, honey, ginger and garlic powder in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer; whisk in cornstarch dissolved in ¼ cup water. Cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Refrigerate in airtight container up to 6 days. Makes about 1½ cups.
- Toss carrots with rice vinegar and sugar in a small bowl, add some sesame seeds.
- Prepare potstickers as label directs; transfer to serving plate.
- Deep-fry Asian-Style Chicken Bites in vegetable oil at 375°F until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Heat sesame oil in a small sauté pan over medium-high heat; add garlic and bok choy and cook until just wilted, about 3 minutes. Stir in some sesame seeds and soy sauce; transfer to serving plate.
- Transfer rice to serving plate. Serve topped with chicken bites and teriyaki sauce with carrot mixture on the side; garnish with scallions.