Sysco Simply Plant Based Protein (Pulled Oats™), made from a superfood blend of oats, beans, and peas, has the neutral flavor and “pulled” texture needed to replace the meat traditionally used in dishes such as this Szechuan-style stir-fry.
- Heat a portion of oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add a portion each of plant based protein and ginger; cook until golden brown and starting to char, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add a portion of chili bean sauce and ½ cup water; heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in a portion of scallions, celery, chili peppers, and carrots; cook just until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add a portion of wine, tamari, sugar, peppercorns, and red pepper flakes; cook until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes.
- Serve stir-fry with a portion of noodles and additional chili black bean sauce.
Ingredient availability varies by location*