1. Make sure hand washing stations are visible, easily accessible and fully stocked.
2. Establish regular cleaning protocols for food contact surfaces and non-food contact surfaces.
3. Establish a protocol for inspection of all food deliveries.
4. Establish procedures and provide equipment for surfaces, equipment, utensil cleaning and cooking procedures.
5. Set proper procedures for food storage by refrigerator and storage areas.
Visibility and Compliance
6. Establish a relationship with local public health officials and utilize health inspections to set best practices for your operation.
7. Conduct regular assessments to track progress and identify opportunities for improvement.
8. Stay connected with your network to remain informed of latest in food safety issues and regulations.
Training and Awareness
9. Establish rigorous food safety on-boarding training for new hires and follow ups for all staff.
10. Post signage in appropriate areas to keep best practices top of mind.