Diners love options. The explosion in meatless burgers in the past few years has shown that even meat eaters are looking for good-tasting alternative proteins. The new gluten-free, GMO-free Sysco Simply Plant Based Meatless Burger Patty fits perfectly into any burger build, including this one, which features tangy feta and avocado.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat on a flattop grill.
- Grill each patty in the oil until browned and heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- While the patty is still on the grill, place the avocado slices and vegan cheese on top.
- Add a few teaspoons of water to the grill and cover with a dome for 15 seconds to melt the cheese.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining half tablespoon of olive oil on the flattop grill. Place the bun, cut sides down, on the grill to toast.
- To build the burger, place the butter lettuce on the bottom bun followed by the tomato, onion and pickle slices.
- Remove the patty from the grill when the cheese is melted and place on top of the pickles.
- Smooth the feta spread on the top bun and place on top of the burger.
Ingredient availability varies by location*