Spiced ham is a classic holiday main dish. More than that, it’s a time and labor saver for your kitchen. Make a spice rub by combining mustard and maple syrup with Sysco Imperial McCormick clove and nutmeg, or customize your own for a festive and flavorful center-of-plate protein.
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a shallow roasting pan with foil.
- Place the ham on a rack in the pan and insert an ovenproof meat thermometer into its thickest part.
- Bake uncovered for about 1½ hours or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the sugar, maple syrup and ground spices.
- During the last 30 minutes of baking, brush the ham with the spice mixture.
- Remove the ham from the oven, cover with foil and let stand 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
- Garnish the platter with cinnamon sticks and red grapes, if desired.
Ingredient availability varies by location*