- For the burger, form the ground beef into a 5.3 ounce patty and season with salt and pepper. Set up a breading station with the all purpose flour in one bowl, whisk the egg with 1 Tablespoon of water in another bowl , and the panko in the third bowl. Dip the seasoned burger patty into the flour and dust off excess, then the egg wash, and then coat in the bread crumbs. Fry in a fryer set at 350 degrees for approximately 4-5 minutes or to desired doneness. Remove from the fryer and sprinkle with a little of the togarashi spice.
- For the pickled ginger garlic mayo, mince the pickled ginger and whisk with the mayo and chopped garlic. Set aside.
- For the slaw, toss the slaw mix with the sesame dressing and minced green onions. Set aside.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove seed. Cut into quarters and remove the skin. Cut the quarters into slices and shingle. Set aside.
- For assembly, toast the brioche bun, spoon the pickled ginger garlic mayo on the bottom bun, then top with the katsu burger. Top with the sweet garlic teriyaki sauce, avocado, and slaw.