A “chorizo” spice blend lends a savory taste to our Sysco Simply Plant Based Ground Bulk—a versatile alternative protein that you can use across your menu, anywhere you would normally use ground beef. Here, it is loaded onto Sysco Imperial Skin-On French Fries along with Sysco Pica y Salpica Cotija cheese and sliced jalapeno chiles.
CHORIZO SPICE BLEND
PLANT BASED FRIES
FOR THE CHORIZO SPICE BLEND
- Place the toasted cumin and coriander seeds and the black peppercorns in a spice mill along with the bay leaf, ancho chile powder and kosher salt and grind to a powder. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
FOR THE PLANT BASED FRIES
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the Simply ground bulk and the Chorizo Spice Blend and fully mix together. Adjust the seasoning and set aside.
- In a deep fryer set to 350 degrees, cook the french fries until crispy. Drain the fries and toss them in a bowl with the with spiced bulk and grilled onions.
- Stack in an ovenproof dish, sprinkle with the pepper jack cheese and place in the oven or under a salamander to melt the cheese.
- Remove and garnish with the fresh jalapeno slices, cotija cheese and cilantro leaves; drizzle with the crema and serve.
Ingredient availability varies by location*