Suitable for any customer from vegans to meat lovers, Sysco Simply Plant Based Protein (Pulled Oats) is made of a flavorful superfood blend of oats, beans, and peas. In this dish, it blends with Thai Massaman curry and fresh vegetables to create a satisfying main dish.
Thai Massaman Curry
For the Thai Massaman Curry
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, and ginger; cook until garlic starts to brown, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add potatoes, coconut milk, curry paste, and salt; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook until potatoes are very tender and sauce is slightly thickened, about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally; cool.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 6 days. Makes about 6 cups.
- Heat a portion of oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add a portion each of beans, plant based protein, and carrots; cook until golden brown and starting to char, about 6 minutes.
- Add a portion of Thai Massaman Curry; heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Stir in a portion of peppers; remove from heat.
- Serve curry sprinkled with a portion of cilantro and peanuts, garnished with lime wedges, along with rice.
Ingredient availability varies by location*