- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and sauteé until onions begin to soften.
- Add celery, carrots, and jalapeno and saute until vegetables are starting to become tender.
- Add garlic, oregano, and thyme, and saute several minutes until aromatic and garlic softens.
- Add cream and chicken broth, bay leaf, sausage, black-eyed peas and red pepper flakes and bring to simmer.
- Cover and let soup simmer on low for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add parsley and vinegar and stir. Simmer a few more minutes, then taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with corn bread croutons and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Ingredient availability varies by location*