Pickled Onions (Ingredients)
Chicharrons & Southwest Seasoning (Ingredients)
Bacon Hatch Jam (Ingredients)
- Cook burger patty on a 350F flat top for 2 minutes each side, or until desired temperature is achieved.
- Butter the brioche bun and toast until golden brown about 2 minutes remove.
- Spread the bottom bun with mayo then top with shredded lettuce, picked onions, burger patty, hatch bacon jam, chicharrons, white cheese and toasted bun top.
Pickled Onions Directions
- Place the Fruit punch and Vinegar in a non-reactive pot and bring to a boil.
- Place julienned onions in a stainless-steel bowl and pour hot liquid over them, cover bowl with cling film and let cool down.
- Once cooled place in a covered container and refrigerate for 10 – 12 days (about 1 week 5 days).
Chicharrons & Southwest Seasoning Directions
- In a deep fryer at 350F, place the rendered pork skins in a basket and place another empty basket on top. Deep fry for 1-2 minutes until the pork skins puff up and start to crackle.
- Place chicharrons in the stainless-steel bowl and toss in the southwest seasoning. You can store the cool chicharrons in a paper towel lined airtight container for up to 7 days.
Bacon Hatch Jam Directions
- Finely dice bacon. Heat 10” non-stick pan to medium heat and render the fat off the bacon. Once the bacon is rendered about 5-7 minutes, remove bacon from fat with slotted spoon and set aside on paper towel.
- Return the pan to medium heat and add the red hatch chilis. Cook for about 2-3 minutes and add in the salt, vinegar, and rendered bacon.
- Allow the vinegar and liquid in the pan to reduce enough until the mixture starts to thicken. Then add in the honey and cook until it begins to bubble about 2-3 minutes, remove from the heat.
- Allow the jam to cool then store in an airtight container in cooler for up to 5-7 days.