- In a large bowl, combine the hearts of palm, red onion, green onion, peppers, Fresno chile(s), garlic and cilantro in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine lime juice, olive oil and sugar.
- Pour lime juice mixture over the hearts of palm mixture and combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes to let flavors meld.
- Lay out the lettuce leaves on a platter.
- Fill each lettuce leaf with approximately 2 tablespoons of the “ceviche.” Serve immediately.
Ingredient availability varies by location*