Ice cream cookie sandwiches made from Sysco Baker’s Source cookies and Wholesome Farms ice cream are the perfect warm weather treat. No matter what style of operation you run, these easy-to-prepare desserts deserve a place on your menu.
- Bake the cookies according to package directions and place them in the freezer to cool.
- Using a 3-ounce scoop, place 1 scoop of ice cream between 2 chilled cookies and press them together to form a sandwich. Place the cookies in the freezer.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Once the chocolate is melted, remove cookie sandwiches from the freezer and dip into the melted chocolate as desired.
- Decorate by rolling the wet chocolate parts in sprinkles, crushed cookies or candy, then chill until ready to serve.