- Puree 4 oz. onion, 1 oz. garlic, and 1 oz. fresh ginger together. Finely chop 4 oz. of the apricot. Grind the black pepper to 1 tbsp.
- Sauté the puree mixture in 1 tablespoon of oil, until fragrant. Approximately 2 minutes.
- Add .5 oz. of Kashmiri chili powder and sauté another minute.
- Add a 3 cups of ketchup, 6 oz. of brown sugar, 4 oz. tamarind paste, 4 oz. tomato paste, 2 tbsp. mustard, 4oz of dried apricot and bring to a simmer, then reduce to barely a bubble.
- Stir occasionally, for approximately 25 minutes.
- Pour warm sauce into a blender and blend until the apricot is incorporated. Then refrigerate the sauce. Flavors will bloom further over night.
Ingredient availability varies by location*