- For the celery root puree: Place the chopped celery root and garlic cloves into a sauce pot and cover with heavy cream. Bring to a boil and then lower heat to a simmer. Cook until the celery root is fork tender. About 25 minutes. Strain celery root and garlic cloves through a strainer, but make sure to reserve the cream.
- Transfer the celery root and garlic cloves into a blender or food processor. Begin to puree celery root and garlic and slowly add reserved cream to smooth out. Add a pinch of salt and cracked black pepper along with butter. Puree until mixture is smooth.
- For the cod: Preheat oven to 375 °F. Season cod loins on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat up canola oil in a sauté pan and, once oil starts to shimmer, place cod in pan. Sear loins on one side for 3 minutes. Flip loins over in pan and transfer pan to heated oven. Cook in oven for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle lemon juice on top of cod.
- In two separate pans sauté the English peas and golden Chantarelles season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To plate: Spoon out ½ to ¾ cup of the celery root puree onto each plate. Place a piece of cod on top of the puree. Place 2 tbs of the peas around the fish and place 2 tbs of the mushrooms on top of the fish filet. Garnish with colorful micro greens and drizzle with olive oil.
Ingredient availability varies by location*
The Farm Raised Atlantic Cod is all natural and is perfect to get a good crust which is key to this dish. Different types of greens will also bring out robust flavors that is perfectly paired with the Cod Loin.