Chow Chow Ingredients
Chef Mike’s 9-special blend Ingredients
Chef Mike’s Pimento Cheese Ingredients
- Prepare flat top and set to 400F. Turn on Fryer to 350F.
- Prepare Biscuits as directed on package and brush tops with butter before baking. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cut 2 separate 1 oz chunks of Pork Belly (matching the width of the biscuit) and deep fry until the outside is crispy (about 3-5 min).
- Place 1 fried green tomato and 1 Pimiento Cheese Square in the deep fryer until outside is lightly golden brown (about 3-5 mins).
- Cook burger patty on the flat top, season both sides with salt and pepper. Once juice starts to pool on the top, flip patty, add the pimiento cheese and cook for 20 seconds then remove from the flattop.
- Build the Biscuit Burger. Place bottom half of biscuit on the plate. Build chow-chow first, followed by burger patty with cheese, pork belly then fried green tomato. Place biscuit lid on top and garnish with pimiento cheese square and pickled okra.
Directions for Chow Chow
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the Brussels, green tomato, confetti veggies, diced red peppers and salt. Mix well, then cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight. Drain liquid.
- In a large pot toast, the mustard and celery seeds over medium-high heat about 1 minute or until fragrant, moving pot constantly. Add both vinegars, sugar, mustard, red pepper flakes, allspice, turmeric, and ginger. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the Brussels mixture and garlic to the pot. Mix well. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes then lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened, to allow flavors to fully bloom and the juice to reduce. (Should still have a slight crunch).
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature in the pot.
Ingredient availability varies by location*