A healthier version of fried shrimp is now possible. Made with peeled and deveined, tail-off shrimp coated with a blend of panko rice crumbs and quinoa ancient grains, Portico Classic Quinoa-Crusted Shrimp is lightly seasoned with garlic and herbs and completely gluten-free.
Roasted Red Pepper & Sherry Vinaigrette
- Purée all ingredients except oil in a food processor until smooth, about 1 minute. Add oil in a steady stream with food processor running until completely smooth. Refrigerate in airtight container up to 6 days. Makes about 1½ cups.
- Deep-fry Quinoa-Crusted Shrimp at 375˚F until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Deep-fry garlic until golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over high heat; add green onions and cook until charred, about 1 minute; transfer to a bowl.
- Add kale and vinaigrette and toss. Arrange salad on a serving plate; serve topped with cheese, hazelnuts, shrimp and garlic.