A beautiful, hearty soup celebrating vegetables, color, and textures. These flavors meld wonderfully with the addition of Italian sausage or pulled, roast chicken.
- Medium dice the onions, celery, and carrot. Mince the garlic. Split the zucchini in half, then slice to 1/3 inch. Drain and rinse the beans. Tear the kale into large pieces. Prepare the chicken soup base into 1 gallon of chicken stock, if not using fresh stock.
- Sauté mirepoix, in olive oil, until softened. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the garlic and crushed red pepper. Sauté for one minute, until fragrant.
- Add the stock and hand-crush the tomatoes into the pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Stir in the white beans, zucchini and chopped greens. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with extra virgin olive oil, fresh ground black pepper, and grated pecorino romano.
Ingredient availability varies by location*