- To make the shrimp marinade combine Tabasco, Hot Honey, and olive oil. Mix well and store at room temperature.
- To make the Louie dressing, combine mayonnaise, cocktail sauce and chopped parsley. Adjust acidity with the lemon juice and refrigerate.
- Thaw shrimp, completely, under refrigeration or under a steady stream of cold running water. Once thawed, peel and devein and take the tail off.
- Put peeled and deveined wild caught shrimp with marinade in a bowl for a minimum of 20-60 minutes. Season shrimp with salt and sauté until just cooked through. Chill shrimp completely.
- Have puff pastry vol au vent available and ready to be filled just before time for service. For garnish prep: avocados are peeled/pit removed and cut into a medium dice (seasoned with lemon and kosher salt); hard boiled eggs are sliced and seasoned with kosher salt; tomatoes are cut in half; radishes are shaved on a mandoline and reserved in ice water.
- Toss cooked and chilled shrimp with prepared Louie dressing. Season to taste with lemon juice and kosher salt. Reserve “Shrimp Louie” under refrigeration until it is time to fill puff pastry vol au vent.
- In a separate bowl, combine kale, diced avocado, sliced radish, and halved tomatoes. Dress with olive oil, fresh lemon juice and kosher salt to taste. Divide salad amongst seven plates at 10 o'clock orientation and garnish with sliced egg.
- Place vol au vents next to salads on each plate (one per plate) and fill with prepared Shrimp Louie Salad. Garnish Shrimp Louie vol au vent with tobiko and micro greens.
Ingredient availability varies by location*