- Toast the dry chilis in oil and then remove and place in a blender with 4 oz. hot water. Saute the onion and garlic until slightly caramelized. Add onion and garlic to blender with 1 cup of the pintos and blend until smooth.
- In the hot pan, brown the beef in 2 batches. This will allow a good sear.
- Add the blender contents and remaining vegetables, spices and Worcestershire sauce to the seared beef. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a skillet, fry the egg and top with cheese once flipped.
- Plate according to picture, topping with sour cream and green onions.
Ingredient availability varies by location*