This innovative dish uses Simplot Junior Cut SIDEWINDERS Fries, bite-size fries cut in a fun S-curve shape, as the foundation for a unique spin on fish and chips.
Pickled Celery Tartar Sauce
Snap Pea & Radish Slaw
For the Buffalo-Chive Butter
- Stir all ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 6 days. Makes about ½ cup.
For the Pickled Celery Tartar Sauce
- Place celery and onion in a bowl. Heat vinegar, sugar, salt, and 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat; remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Pour vinegar mixture over celery and onion; refrigerate in an airtight container at least 8 hours or up to 2 days.
Drain celery-onion mixture and ﬁnely chop. Stir celery-onion mixture and remaining ingredients in a bowl; refrigerate in an airtight container up to
6 days. Makes about 1¼ cups.
For the Snap Pea & Radish Slaw
Whisk vinegar, honey, mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, and salt in a bowl; toss with remaining ingredients. Refrigerate in an airtight container up to
2 days. Makes about 4 cups.
- Deep-fry a portion of pollock bites in vegetable oil at 350°F until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 4 minutes; toss with a portion of Buﬀalo-Chive Butter.
- Deep-fry fries in vegetable oil at 345°F until golden brown, about 2½ minutes; toss with salt and pepper. Serve pollock bites and fries with a portion of Snap Pea & Radish Slaw and Pickled Celery Tartar Sauce garnished with dill and lemon wedges.
Ingredient availability varies by location*