In Argentina, chimichurri—the condiment made with chopped parsley, cilantro and plenty of garlic and olive oil—is served with every steak, and many other dishes as well. We’ve combined chimichurri with butter as a decadent compound butter steak topper.
- In a bowl, beat or whip the butter.
- Thoroughly fold or whip in the remaining ingredients. Place the mixture on parchment or waxed paper and roll up into a log.
- Form the butter into quenelles while still malleable, or chill until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Then crosscut the log into coins.
- Place a coin or quenelle of butter on a steak as it is being served.
Ingredient availability varies by location*