This is a cold version of “Louisiana Shrimp Boil.” It can be served in a big bowl with crackers on the side or on top of tostadas.
- In a heavy-bottom stock pot, at medium-high heat, bring “Crab Boil” ingredients to a boil.
- Add shrimp, and after 1 minute of cooking, bring out and place on a plate; then quickly put them into the freezer and bring to a cold state.
- While water is still boiling, add “Vegetables” and boil until the potatoes are cooked to an al dente state (usually takes around 2 minutes). Bring out and place in the freezer until completely cold but not frozen.
- Next, save ½ of the “Crab Boil” liquid and place it in the freezer as well, and also bring it to a completely cold state but not frozen.
- Once the shrimp is completely cold, bring out of the freezer; then peel and devein; then set into a casserole dish and add “Marinating Ingredients.” Set aside for later use.
- Once the “Vegetables” and “Crab Boil” are completely cold, add to the shrimp casserole dish.
- Next, add “Garnish;” then serve family style and, “Buen provecho.”
Ingredient availability varies by location*