Haricots Verts Salad
Saffron Lemon Aioli
Your items have been added.
- Start by preparing the saffron lemon aioli. Chop the saffron threads, place in a small bowl, and add the hot water. Steep for 10 minutes. In another bowl, combine mayo, lemon zest and juice, salt, and the saffron tea. Mix thoroughly. Taste for seasoning.
- Prepare the haricots verts salad by blanching them in lightly salted simmering water for one minute. Place them in an ice bath to stop the cooking process then remove and pat dry. Blanch the leeks for 15 seconds and place in ice bath, remove, pat dry. Combine all salad components. Taste for seasoning.
- For the polenta, bring water to a boil, add salt, and slowly add polenta while mixing with a wire whisk. Turn the heat down to low and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add lemon zest and juice. Taste for seasoning.
- Season swordfish steak with salt and pepper. Place on a hot well-greased grill. After 2 minutes, turn the fish 45 degrees to get the hash mark. After 2 minutes, flip the fish over and continue to cook to internal temperature of 135 F.
- Plate components to your desired presentation.
Ingredient availability varies by location*