Matcha green tea—the Japanese superfood—adds a pleasing green color to this better-for-you plate featuring Sysco Simply Plant Based Tofu and hearty soba noodles.
For the Soba Noodles
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the noodles and cook according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Return the noodles to the pot, off the heat.
For the Matcha Sauce
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. When it shimmers, add the onion and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute more, until fragrant.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender, reserving skillet for later use. Add the cashews, water, maple syrup, lemon juice, salt, and matcha. Blend on high speed for about 2 minutes, until very smooth.
For the Tofu
- In reserved skillet, heat the oil over medium-high. When it shimmers, add the tofu and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, until golden all over.
- Add the tamari, maple syrup, and Sriracha, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for about 5 minutes, until the tofu is evenly coated and the sauce has thickened.
- Over low heat, add the sauce to the pot of noodles and toss to coat, about 2 minutes, until heated through.
- Top each serving with tofu nuggets, scallions, and sesame seeds.
- The creamy matcha sauce can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.