A delicious but often overlooked fish, barramundi is paired here with Persian-inspired ingredients, including barberries, almonds, fresh herbs
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease two baking sheets and set aside.
- Soak the barberries in warm water for 30 minutes and drain.
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil. Add the onions and cook until brown, about 10 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes longer, until the onions are dark brown and caramelized.
- Add the barberries, almonds, tamarind paste and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro, parsley and tarragon.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Rub each fish with about ½ cup of the herb mixture and brush with remaining olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Change oven setting to broil and cook 3 to 4 minutes longer, until fish skin is golden. Serve with lime wedges.
Ingredient availability varies by location*