Bring Thanksgiving flavors to the table any time of year. Use hearty Sysco Simply Plant Based Sprouted Grain Bread (Oat Grain) as the foundation for this sophisticated sandwich that combines brie cheese with sliced turkey, acorn squash hummus, cranberries and sage butter.
Roasted Red Onions & Cranberries
Acorn Squash-Coriander Hummus
For the Roasted Red Onions & Cranberries
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl. Spread on a parchment-lined sheet tray; roast at 400°F until tender and lightly caramelized, about 35 minutes.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 6 days. Makes about 2 cups.
For the Acorn Squash-Coriander Hummus
- Stir 1 tablespoon oil, coriander, ¼ teaspoon salt, and cayenne pepper in a bowl; brush over cut side of squash.
- Roast squash cut side down on a parchment-lined sheet pan at 400°F until very tender and caramelized, about 1 hour. Cool squash and remove skin.
- Purée garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, and remaining ¾ teaspoon salt in food processor.
- Add roasted squash and process until mostly smooth; with processor running, slowly drizzle in remaining 3 cup oil to emulsify.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 6 days. Makes about 2¼ cups.
For the Sage Butter
- Stir all ingredients in a bowl; refrigerate in an airtight container up to 6 days. Makes about ½ cup.
- Spread 1 side of 2 bread slices with a portion of Sage Butter.
- Place buttered side down on ﬂat-top griddle over medium heat.
- Top 1 piece of bread with a portion of Acorn Squash-Coriander Hummus and Roasted Red Onions & Cranberries.
- Top other piece of bread with cheese and turkey; cook until golden brown and cheese melts, about 4 minutes.
- Close sandwich and cut in half to serve.