Grains, beans, tofu, hearty vegetables … these have long been the staples of a plant-based diet. Now, more diners than ever are embracing a vegan, vegetarian or “flexitarian” way of eating. This dish fits right into the new dietary lifestyles.
GREEN GODDESS PESTO
PASTA AND TOFU
FOR THE GREEN GODDESS PESTO
- Place all the ingredients in a blender on high speed and blend until smooth. Add salt to taste.
FOR THE VEGETABLES
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the broccoli and asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place the sheet in the oven and roast until the vegetables are cooked through and starting to brown, about 25 minutes.
FOR THE PASTA AND TOFU
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the linguine and cook according to the package directions.
- In the last minute of cooking, add the frozen peas to the pot. Drain the pasta and peas and set aside.
- Meanwhile, dust the tofu with turmeric. Use the nonstick spray to lightly oil a sauté pan over medium-high heat and sear the tofu until heated through.
- Pour the pesto over the pasta and toss. Add the roasted vegetables and toss again.
- Plate the pasta and top with the seared tofu and blistered cherry tomatoes. Finish with the toasted sesame seeds and freshly ground black pepper.