- Heat oven to 425° F.
- Slice acorn squash into 1 in. thick slices, removing the guts and seeds and discarding them.
- Slice off the top of 1 clove of garlic. Cover in olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Place slices of acorn squash on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place garlic clove pouch on the same sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Squeeze out the garlic in a bowl, mix with 2 oz. of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Layer the roasted squash, mozzarella, and basil on a plate. Drizzle with garlic oil and balsamic glaze. Sprinkle additional salt and pepper lightly.
- Squash can be served warm or room temperature after roasting.
Ingredient availability varies by location*