The COVID-19 crisis has now reached a new critical phase where public health systems need to act decisively to contain the growth in new areas outside China. Undoubtedly, the key emphasis should be on containing and mitigating the disease itself. But the economic impacts are also significant, and many foodservice companies are trying to understand, react to and learn from this rapidly unfolding crisis.
There are different degrees of preparedness across our industry; to support you in your efforts we have compiled the following resources to keep you informed and in the know.
Understanding The Impact On The Consumer
So far, 62% of consumers have taken some form of general action in response to the virus. The most common action, undertaken by almost 47%, is to have stocked up essential products. Read more in the link below:
How COVID-19 Affects The Foodservice Industry & How To Meet The Challenge
The concern over COVID-19 will likely exhibit some, if not all, of these behaviors: the public will be advised to avoid large crowds resulting in less social interactions and leaving their home less frequently. Consumers are also expected to increase their use of 3rd party delivery apps with fewer in dining experiences. Here are a few resources to help you learn more about the impact on the foodservice industry.
- Technomic’s Take On Coronavirus Foodservice View
- National Restaurant Association: What Experts Say
- Datassential’s COVID-19 Coronavirus & The Impact of Eating
- Datassential’s COVID-19 Coronavirus – Fear & Response
- Datassential’s COVID-19 Update: Into The Home
- Datassential’s COVID-19 Update 3.24.20: Hands Off, Steps Restaurants Can Take
- Datassential’s COVID-19 Update 3.26.20: Traffic Brief
- Datassential’s Trend Report March 2020: How The Industry Is Banding Together & Pivoting Business Strategies In the Wake of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans: Small Business Guide and Checklist, Prepared by the U.S. Chamber Of Commerce
Foodservice Relief Funds
This session will provide Safety measures for the foodservice business and return to workplace strategies along with a Q&A session to answer questions on the CARES Act.
Tips & Suggestions To Increase Business
Refer to the following for suggestions in providing a safe environment, driving traffic and maintaining store sales, as well as helpful links and resources.