- Dice your chicken into 1/2-inch pieces and marinate with the gochujang over night. Place the can of coconut milk in the cooler overnight. This will help to make the whipped coconut cream the next day.
- Take the lemongrass and beat with the flat side of your knife to break the cell structure. Next, place in a pot filled with oil and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, shut off and let steep. Strain and put in a squeeze bottle once it has reached room temperature. Reserve.
- The next day, add the corn starch to the chicken and work together. Deep fry for 3 minutes and remove from fryer; upon pick up, fry again for another 3 minutes to achieve that ultimate crunch.
- For the coconut whipped cream, take can out of cooler and open. Remove the thick layer of coconut fat and place in a bowl; save the clear water for other uses. Begin to whip just as you would whip heavy cream; keep cold to hold shape.
- Clean and rough chop all the herbs; mix together and reserve.
- To garnish, place the fried chicken in the soup, sprinkle with fresh herbs, spoon on some of the whipped coconut cream and finally drizzle with the lemongrass oil.
Ingredient availability varies by location*