- Prepare Dressing as directed in batch recipe. Place uncooked dressing inside of a disposable piping bag.
- Carefully remove wings from the deboned quail and pierce one leg with a paring knife. Pipe cornbread dressing into quail be sure the bird should be stuffed but not overflowing with dressing. Carefully wrap bacon around the bird. You may shingle two pieces but one provides ample coverage.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes. The bacon should be cooked through and the internal temperature needs to be above 170 degrees.
- Add remaining ingredients into a stockpot except for the asparagus and mint. Add water to cover and reduce slowly on low heat by half.
- Puree the mixture and strain through a chinois. Continue to reduce on low heat and finish with a chiffonade of mint, sherry vinegar, sugar, and salt as needed.
- Roast asparagus and plate.
Ingredient availability varies by location*