Tender rack of lamb, served medium-rare, is always a crowd-pleaser. Yet it is also underutilized as a center-of-the-plate protein, according to Chef Raymond Yakelis. Here, Chef Yakelis adds tandoori spice and Middle Eastern ingredients for a flavorful take on
HERB AND FETA SALAD
FOR THE LAMB RACK
- Cut lamb rack into two portions of four bones each. Then remove two bones on each portion, cleaning remainder.
- Rub lamb with olive oil and tandoori masala spice and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear lamb rack in hot skillet and finish in a 350 degree oven until internal temperature of 125 degrees.
- Remove and let sit for 5 minutes to firm up before slicing.
FOR THE EGGPLANT RELISH
- Heat a skillet with the olive oil blend and fry the eggplant, peppers, onions and garlic stir-fry style.
- Drain excess oil and toss with pomegranate molasses and mint, and season with salt and pepper.
FOR THE HERB AND FETA SALAD
- On a plate, mound the parsley, mint and scallions. Shingle the radish and cucumber on the plate. Finish with diced feta cheese.
- Slice medallions of lamb to the bone about a quarter-inch thick. Place in center of plate, shingled out.
- Spoon on the eggplant relish; sprinkle pomegranate seeds and chopped pistachios. Finish with the pomegranate sauce and figs.