- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Shred the beef with a fork and return it to the broth. In a small pot, heat 2 cups of broth and 1 cup of beef over medium. If broth is thicker than desired, add water or beef stock for desired consistency. When it comes to a simmer, taste for seasoning. Turn heat down to low.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl, then carefully slide it into the broth. Once the white is completely set but the yolk is still soft, turn off heat.
- After adding the egg to the broth, add the noodles to the boiling water and simmer according to package instructions or until cooked, about 2 minutes. Drain.
- Add the cooked noodles to a bowl then gently pour broth and top with beef and egg on top.
- Garnish with chopped onion, herbs, and fresh lime juice. Add chili paste crisp for more heat.
Ingredient availability varies by location*