Avocado toast: It’s a simple dish so delicious that it’s no wonder you can find versions of it at any breakfast place from Pikes Peak to the Poconos. Here we have whipped the avocado into a creamy texture and added decadent ingredients for a more elegant approach.
WHIPPED AVOCADO SPREAD
TOAST AND EGGS
FOR THE WHIPPED AVOCADO SPREAD
Put heavy cream in a mixing bowl and mix on medium speed for
3 to 4 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and Boursin cheese and continue to whip until the ingredients are thoroughly combined and whipped, about 3 minutes longer.
- Remove the mixture from the mixer, fold in the avocado pulp and salt, making sure not to fully incorporate; there should be swirls of green and white. Chill, covered, until ready to use.
FOR THE TOAST, EGGS AND TOPPINGS
- Toast jalapeno cornbread slices on a grill for 10 to 15 seconds and set aside.
- Poach eggs in boiling water for about 3 minutes.
- Top each slice of cornbread with 2 ounces of the whipped avocado spread.
- Add 2.5 ounces of the sliced salmon on top of the whipped spread.
- Deep-fry the prosciutto slices for 30 seconds, drain and place 1 slice on top of each toast along with a poached egg. Garnish with capers, microgreens and radish sticks.
FOR THE MANGO BELLINI
- Pour the mango smoothie pouch into a blender. Add the Champagne and blend for 20 to 30 seconds until smooth.
- Garnish a glass with any flavor from the Lyons assortment (we recommend blackberry) by squeezing a little around the rim, then press into the granulated sugar.
Ingredient availability varies by location*