A mix of ancient grains such as bran, whole linseed, and poppy, sesame, and sunflower seeds, Sysco Simply Plant Based Vegan Savory Cornettos have a delicate taste that complements any dish—including this hearty breakfast sandwich.
- Place 1 cornetto, cut side up, on sheet tray; top bottom half with 1 slice cheese. Bake cornetto at 400°F until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Heat a portion of oil in a sauté pan over medium heat; add 1 egg and cook 3 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Top cheese with a portion of avocado and tomato; top with the egg.
- Sprinkle egg with salt and pepper; top with top half of cornetto.
- Serve these Latin inspired breakfast sandwiches with a twist on traditional Mexican horchata by adding a cold-brewed coffee flavor.
- Grind ¼ cup long grain rice and 3 tablespoons whole coffee beans in a spice grinder to coarse crumbs; transfer to an airtight container.
- Add 1 quart almond milk and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon; refrigerate at least 8 or up to 24 hours.
- Purée rice mixture in a blender on high until very smooth; strain through a fine-mesh sieve and whisk in 3 tablespoons light agave nectar. Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 3 days. Makes about 4 cups.
Ingredient availability varies by location*