Side dishes no longer need to be relegated to the sidelines. Like appetizers, they
FOR THE POTATOES
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Toss the potato slices in a pan with the Aleppo pepper, salt and garlic cloves.
- Place the duck fat in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and allow to liquefy. Pour the fat over the potatoes and cover with foil.
- Cook the potatoes for 35 minutes. Raise the temperature to 400, remove foil and cook for 20 minutes longer.
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
- In a food processor, combine ginger, lime zest and juice, black garlic, salt and sugar and blend until smooth. Slowly drizzle in oil followed by vinegar to emulsify.
- Remove potatoes from the fat and lightly drizzle with the vinaigrette. Garnish with chives and a sprinkle of Aleppo pepper.