In Portuguese cuisine, you would typically serve salted
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large pan over medium heat and fry potato slices until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- To prepare the corn, lightly oil and fire-roast over an open flame until charred. Remove kernels and set aside.
- To prepare the broth, heat remaining oil in a pan over medium heat; sauté shallots, garlic and chorizo and cook until tender. Add tomatoes, fish base and 2 cups cold water.
- Bring to a simmer and season to taste. Add paprika and half the fresh herbs; remove from the heat and set aside.
- To prepare the seafood, steam the cod for 4 to 6 minutes until fully cooked. Separately, steam the lobster, clams, mussels and octopus for 4 to 5 minutes to heat through. (Be careful not to overcook.)
- In a hot oiled pan, sear the scallops and set aside. Warm the broth slowly and add roasted corn and grape tomatoes.
- To plate, use a slotted spoon to gently place the vegetables and ingredients from the broth into large shallow bowls.
- Arrange the seafood ingredients on the plates and garnish with fried potatoes and fresh herbs.