- Toss the tuna in a little oil and berbere spice to marinate.
- Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds. Place in a large pot and cover with cold water; heat the water and remove the squash just before it starts to boil. Set aside to cool. When cool, take a fork and scrape the squash to remove the "spaghetti" strands.
- Place rice and chicken stock and a pinch of salt in a pot and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce the heat until rice is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Drain excess water and set aside.
- Toss the tomatoes in some oil, salt, pepper, and a pinch of saffron, and roast in a very hot oven until browned and a little charred.
- Grill the tuna on both sides for about 3-4 minutes. Sauté the squash in a hot pan with some salt and pepper to get it a little crispy. Reheat the rice with a little stock.
Ingredient availability varies by location*